There’s lots going on, including food and music festivals and culture and heritage events (see list below). Visit www.whitby.ca/events for more information about all Town events.
• Farmers’ market takes place every Wednesday from May to October, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the former downtown fire hall site, 201 Brock St. S.
• Rotary of Whitby’s Gourmet Food Truck Frenzy on Saturday, May 14 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, May 15 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the parking lot at Iroquois Park Sports Centre, 500 Victoria St. W. Visit www.foodfrenzywhitby.ca .
• Brooklin Spring Fair will be held June 2-5 at Brooklin Memorial Par, Luther Vipond Arena, 67 Winchester Rd. E. Visit www.brooklinspringfair.com .
• The Blues Festival will take place on Saturday, June 25 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in downtown Whitby.
• County Town Carnival/Canada Day event will be held Friday, July 1 from noon to 8 p.m. at Victoria Fields.
• Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise’s Ribfest event will be held July 8-10 at Victoria Fields. Visit www.whitbyribfest.com .
• Summer ArtFest will take place Saturday, July 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Grass Park, 41 Baldwin St., Brooklin. The Whitby in Bloom Garden Tour will be held the same day between the same hours at various locations.
• Music in the Park from June 8 to Aug. 24 on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Rotary Centennial Park, 800 Brock St. S., and from June 9 to Aug. 25 on Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Grass Park.
• Movies in the Park on Friday evenings (dusk) at Kiwanis-Heydenshore Park on June 24, Whitby Civic Park on July 8, Brooklin Optimist Park on July 15 and Willow Park on August 12.
• Culture in the Square from July 5 to Aug. 23 on Tuesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Celebration Square at the Whitby Public Library, 405 Dundas St. W.
• Brooklin Harvest Festival on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in downtown Brooklin
• Whitby Heritage Day on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in downtown Whitby
Whitby This Week